Best Burger in Houston
Looking For Best Burger Places in Houston in 2021
Houston takes its burgers seriously! Therefore, scouring the Bayou city restaurants for some of the cheesiest, meatiest and greasiest burgers is a perfect day out for serious foodies. So, here is the delicious details on all those joints that serve the classic burger, brimming with flavors, to hungry customers all the time.
The Backyard Burger at Good Vibes Burgers & Brews
Good Vibes Burgers & Brews in Pearland
The laid-back feel of this place is enough to put you at ease. At the same time, Executive Chef & Owner Eric Nelson serves you some of the most unique, made-to-order burgers along with tropical cocktails and fresh seafood bites like shrimp-and-crab stuffed jalapenos. This food joint took over the space left by the old King’s Biergarten in 2021 and is now spreading some coastal love among the residents of the Pearland area. You can book a table or order takeout from there.
- Favorites– Good Vibes Classic American Burger, The Good Vibes Signature, The Kraken!
- Website: https://goodvibesburgers.com/
- Address: 1329 E Broadway St, Pearland, TX 77581
- Hours: Vary
Flip N’ Patties in Houston
Born out of the gregarious atmosphere blessed with a “never-ending extended family” by the side, the Flip’ n Patties is a food-truck-turned-brick ‘n mortars business, which takes its passion for burgers seriously. Their inspiration comes from different American states and goes on to create its own unique burger experience! Their strength lies in designing juicy, gourmet burgers that marry the classic American spirit with some excellent Filipino sensibilities to nourish the beautiful people of Houston. They have open seating, or you can order takeout online.
- Favorites– Flip’ n Patties Burger, Amboy Burger, PogiMelt, BYOUB Burger.
- Website: http://www.flipnpatties.com
- Address: 1809 Eldridge Pkwy Houston & 800 Capitol St. Houston
- Hours: Vary
Hubcap Grill & Beer Yard
Known for its hand-crafted burgers, Hubcap Grill takes pride in cooking burgers from fresh, never frozen beef. They admit beforehand that since their burgers are made-to-order, they take time to prepare each one. Despite that, the popularity of Hubcap Grill remains unchallenged as they have been voted the best burger in Houston by publications and food talk shows from all. From the 100% fresh chuck beef to daily handmade patties, homemade toasted buns, and twice-fried fries, Hubcap Grill is catering to the discerning taste buds of Houston. You can walk in for an order, call for takeout, or order via DoorDash.
- Favorites– Hubcap Decker, Texas BBQ Burger, Cheetos Burger, Patty Melt.
- Website: https://hubcapgrill.com/
- Address: Multiple in and around Houston
Space Cowboy, Heights House Hotel
The newly revamped place offers comfort food by one of Houston’s top & well-traveled chefs, Lyle Bento, along with its island-style drinks. Known for its casual but thoughtful vibes, Space Cowboy offers a cozy atmosphere suitable for a family gathering, an office party, or just a group of friends letting their hair down after a mad week at work. The pool nearby is something you can partake before or after your round of excellent food and drinks. Walk-in on a first-come-first-serve basis all 7 days of the week!
- Favorites– Boom Boom Burger, Huli Huli Chicken Sandwich, B.B.Q. Burger.
- Website: https://www.spacecowboyhou.com/
- Address: 100 W Cavalcade St, Houston
- Hours: Mon – Fri: 4pm to 2 am, Sat-Sun: 12 pm to 2 am
Hangar Kitchen, Houston
A friendly neighborhood restaurant that serves craft burgers and great beer is how Hangar Kitchen’s patrons recall it after every visit! Its owners were born in Houston, studied & worked in Europe, South America, and Asia before bringing back home the global culinary practices and favors. It is this overall experience that makes Hangar Kitchen’s food inventive yet affordable. Their love for the community is reflected perfectly in the best ingredients for making their best burgers. Apart from catering to the walk-in guests and takeouts, the restaurant also caters to private jets.
- Favorites– SPM, Straight Up, B-52 Bomber, Love Ya Blue, Notorious PIG.
- Website: https://www.hangarkitchen.com/
- Address: 8800 Telephone Rd, Houston, TX 77061
- Hours: 11 am to 8 pm, Saturday: 10 am to 8 PM Sundays closed
FM Kitchen and Bar
The FM Kitchen & Bar brings to Houston multiple dining opportunities spread across lunch, dinner, and lazy weekend brunches! For cocktails, they’ve got you covered with FM Ranch Water, Margaritas, and Highballs. So take a daytime break at this place, meet your office gang for a post-work meeting or head out for a late night with your partner; FM Kitchen & Bar won’t let you down any time of the day. The chic interiors and pet-friendly patios are highlights of this restaurant, open 7 days a week. Reserve a place through OpenTable or order takeout via Toast & DoorDash.
- Favorites– FM Burger, Impossible Burger, Green Chile Cheeseburger, Patty Melt.
- Website: https://www.fmkitchenandbar.com/
- Address: 1112 Shepherd Dr, Houston, TX 77007
- Hours: Vary
The Hay Merchant, Montrose
Amidst reports that the restaurant will move to a new space at the end of 2021, Chef Chris Shepherd’s groundbreaking eatery continues to serve eats out in Houston as long as the time allows. Their burgers are juicy and delicious within the legal limits. However, the cutting edge to these burgers comes from Chef Shepherd’s “Cook like a Local” philosophy, where everything is made from scratch. Seating is available on a first-come-first-serve basis, and you can order via Toast, or get delivery through DoorDash.
- Favorites – Cease & Desist Burger.
- Website: https://www.haymerchant.com/
- Address: 1100 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77006
- Hours: Vary
Stanton’s City Bites, Multiple Locations
Stanton’s City Bites believes that “our reputation is in every bite!” This family-run grocery store-turned-restaurant serves unique, made-to-order burgers. If you want to try Houston’s best burgers either north of Downtown or south of the Heights, visit this neighborhood champion of restaurants since the ’60s. They serve burgers loosely packed but with properly crusted patties. Right now, they are offering only takeout and delivery services through DoorDash and Uber Eats.
- Favorites– The Original Bacon Cheeseburger, Luke Skyburger, Cowboy Brunch, Blue Moon.
- Website: http://www.stantonscitybites.com/
- Address: 1420 Edwards St, Houston, TX 77007
- Hours: Vary
Burger-Chan is a highly acclaimed restaurant known across Houston for its customizable burgers and other thoughtful in-house preparations. Drawing inspiration from the flavors of Asia, the restaurant takes pride in its sauces made in-house and using freshly grounded chuck for burger patties. They steer clear of anything that might be termed’ gimmicky.’ Their method is time-consuming but well worth the wait. Burger-Chan’s focus remains singularly on hard work, good ingredients, and no-shortcuts at all. Though they’ve closed down their Greenway Plaza stand, they are soon opening up at a new spot at The Galleria. Order takeout or get delivery via Toast.
- Favorites– Build Your Own Single, Double, or Triple Stack Burger.
- Website: https://burgerchanhtx.com/
- Address: 5353 W Alabama St Suite 110, Houston, TX 77056 Hours: Vary
Tejas Burger Joint, Tomball
When smoked burgers became a trend in Texas, Tejas Burger Joint at Tomball replicated the concept successfully into a restaurant. Their burgers are juicier and more delicious because they are smoked to near perfection. Placed at No. 6 in the list of Top 50 burger joints in Texas, their smoked burgers are a hit among the Houston crowd. No doubt, the burger is the star of this restaurant. Seating is available on a first-come-first-serve basis, or you can order takeout or deliveries online.
- Favorites– Old Town Burgers, Smokehouse Burger, Damage Control Burger, Nacho Daddy’s Burger.
- Website: https://www.ordertejasburgerjoint.com
- Address: 214 W Main St, Tomball, TX 77375
- Hours: Vary
Tookie’s Burgers, Kemah
Tookie’s was founded in 1975 to keep alive the feeling of dining at a vintage American burger joint. Undergoing major renovation after Hurricane Ike, the place is updated and even more popular among locals from Houston to Galveston. Considered to be one of the top burger restaurants in Texas, Tookie’s continues to use the same old recipes that made it a household name to begin with. They prepare all their beef patties fresh daily. Walk-in for a bite or call for takeout.
- Favorites– Tookie’s Burger, A Big Texan, Squealer, Stomp’s Icehouse Special.
- Website: https://www.tookiesburgers.com/
- Address: 406 Texas Ave, Kemah, TX 77565
Lankford’s Grocery & Market, Dennis St.
Since the 1930s, this eatery has been synonymous with authentic American burgers, just like we like it! Apart from their famous burgers, they also serve delectable tater tots, fries and TexMex breakfast. And what’s more, they also realize that no good burger is ever complete without a good drink to wash it down with. They serve all kinds of beverages, from mimosas to cold refreshing beer to classic sodas and milkshakes. The only catch is that eating the excellent fare served at Lankford’s can sabotage that summer body that you’ve worked so hard for! Walk-in to eat on a first-come-first-serve basis or call 713-522-9555 for a takeout!
- Favorites– Old fashioned hamburger, Quesadilla burger, Pimento cheeseburger.
- Address: 88 Dennis St, Houston, TX 77006
Hopdoddy Burger Bar, Vintage Park
This place, located just Northwest Houston in the Vintage Park shopping, sets a new standard for burgers. Pushing their boundaries to bring alive a vision of four friends, conceived in 2010, Hopdoddy is known for its burgers made with high-quality ingredients, including natural meat. They are hell-bent upon doing everything the right way, which means handmade burger patties, gluten-free buns, local ingredients created to cater to the discerning American palate. They also sell at-home kits for a DIY-Doddy experience. Walk-in to eat on a first-come-first-serve basis, order takeout online, or get delivery through GrubHub, Uber Eats, or DoorDash!
- Favorites – The Que Burger, Buffalo Bill Burger, El Diablo Burger, Bacon Jam Double Burger.
- Website: https://www.hopdoddy.com/locations/vintagepark
- Address: 142 Vintage Park Blvd Suite A, Houston, TX 77070
- Hours: Vary
Burgers are as American as food can get, and they become a wholesome meal! These burger places in Houston are a testimony to the authentic American taste. So when you are craving a good burger in Houston, you have many excellent places to choose from. Let us know which one do you like the most.